Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) Membership
Protect your organisation against the insider threat
If your organisation owns employee and job applicant data, or recruits and vets potential employees for organisations, then you are eligible for Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) Membership and can access the Enhanced Internal Fraud Database.
The sharing of our data and intelligence is based on the core principle of reciprocity – so all members will be expected to contribute as well as draw from the wealth of knowledge and expertise that Cifas holds and facilitates.
The Enhanced Internal Fraud Database (EIFD) builds on the matches you receive from the Internal Fraud Database by allowing relevant first party fraud risk data from the National Fraud Database to be returned in searches. We call this a Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) Membership. The core of EIFD remains the Internal Fraud Database and so when you join Cifas our Handbook and Principles of use refer to the Internal Fraud Database.
What do I gain as a Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) Member?
As a Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) Member, you’ll be able to:
- Screen job applicants and employees against hundreds of cases of suspected fraudulent conduct;
- Enhance your search with relevant first party fraud risk data drawn from the National Fraud Database;
- Strengthen and inform your safeguarding and HR policies and procedures.
Find out more about the Enhanced Internal Fraud Database.
What are the additional benefits of joining the UK's fraud prevention community?
You will access all the universal benefits of membership:
- Intelligence trends, alerts, reports and research – including statistics and analysis drawn directly from our databases;
- Learning opportunities through the Cifas Fraud and Cyber Academy, including accredited and postgraduate learning;
- Collaboration with thousands of professionals from hundreds of organisations, from across the sectors, through the Portal;
- Additional member benefits, including exclusive online and offline events, forums and seminars, and member only discounts.
Find out more why you should join Cifas.
What type of organisations join as Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) Members?
Our community is made up of hundreds of organisations, working together with Cifas to stop fraud. Just some of the sectors represented in our Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) membership are:
Banking - Telecommunications - Building Societies - Recruiters - Vetting and Screening - Professional Services - Accountancy - Retail
How much is it to become a Data Sharing (Enhanced Internal Fraud) Member?
We calculate your yearly subscription based on the size of your organisation. If you are a recruiter or vetting service, you will pay a fixed subscription fee. Contact us for a chat and a no-obligation quote.
What if my organisation is not yet in a position to share data, but will be in the future?
Some organisations start with us as Community Members, benefiting from our intelligence, learning and community to grow their business before switching to one of our data sharing memberships when and if their organisation grows or changes to meet our membership criteria. Find out more about Community Membership.