Organised Fraud Intelligence Group
2 June 2020 - 12 June 2020
For more information on what OFIG meeting would work best for you please contact the OFIG team.
Access the intelligence that matters
Attending the Organised Fraud and Intelligence Group (OFIG) will ensure you hear the latest enablers and vulnerabilities affecting organisations across the private/public sector and law enforcement, so that you can stay one step ahead of fraudsters.
OFIG brings together like-minded professionals from across multiples sectors, as well as Cifas experts and representatives from law enforcement and government, to collaborate and share information.
All you need to do to attend is be prepared to share! Non-commercial, collaborative co-operation is the key to these unique events. Can your organisation afford to miss out?
The purpose of the Organised Fraud and Intelligence Group (OFIG) is:
To identify and share information about organised fraud threats, trends, enablers, vulnerabilities, and methodologies affecting organisations (individual-level information is not shared at OFIG meetings):
- To harness the skills and expertise of attendees to develop products that assist in the prevention of fraud and bring benefit to the full Cifas Membership and the wider fraud prevention community;
- To encourage attendees to share OFIG fraud prevention products as widely as possible and maximise fraud prevention benefits, e.g. the police force uploading OFIG products to their website;
- To provide members, law enforcement and invited non-members with networking opportunities.
Regional OFIG meetings focus on consumer-related fraud. An Internal Fraud OFIG meeting is also held which focuses on insider-related fraud.
Download the full OFIG Terms of Reference.
OFIG meetings are divided into regional working groups – currently London & South-East, Midlands, North-East, North-West, Scotland and Wales and South-West – each one meeting three times a year.
Also, an Internal Fraud OFIG meeting is held three times a year – in February, May and September – which focuses specifically on insider fraud threats.
Participation in OFIG meetings is open to representatives from any organisation committed to tackling fraud, at the discretion of either the relevant meeting’s Regional Coordinator or the OFIG Committee (which oversees the strategic direction of OFIG as whole), and with the understanding that participation occurs in the spirit of non-commercial co-operation.
Download the OFIG Role Profiles – Committee Chair and Regional Coordinator.
OFIG meetings are attended by Cifas members, law enforcement and invited non-members.
Role of attendees
- To come prepared to share and discuss information on fraud threats, trends, and enablers;
- To collaborate with Cifas to develop OFIG fraud prevention products;
- To share and use OFIG fraud prevention products to aid anti-fraud efforts within their organisation and the wider fraud prevention community.
To attend one of these meetings email Duncan McLellan