Cifas can help policy makers by providing unique statistics on fraud and financial crime across the UK, bespoke briefings on key issues and topics, and information on how current and future legislation may impact on the work of fraud prevention.
Our Policy Asks:
Before the last General Election in May 2015 Cifas called on the future Government to act in three distinct areas in Cifas’ Fraud Manifesto to help tackle fraud in the UK:
- Introduce a national measure of fraud loss.
- Start a co-ordinated education and awareness campaign on fraud, led jointly by Government and industry.
- Start a comprehensive review of the sentencing guidelines for fraud.
To find out more about Cifas’ Fraud Manifesto click here.
This year Cifas has launched manifestos for the devolved Parliamentary, Assembly and Police and Crime Commissioner elections.
You can find out more information on our devolved Parliamentary and Assembly Election manifesto by clicking here:
You can find out more information on our Police and Crime Commissioner Election Manifesto by clicking here:
To see our full asks of candidates:
- Scottish Parliament Election Manifesto
- Northern Irish Parliament Election Manifesto
- Welsh Assembly Election Manifesto
- London Mayoral & Assembly Election Manifesto
- Police and Crime Commissioner Election Manifesto
Coming soon in 2016