Share intelligence and stop fraud
Community membership enables organisations who don't have data to share, to be part of the UK’s fraud prevention community and share their intelligence, knowledge and expertise, as well as benefit from others within the community.
Like our data, the sharing of our intelligence is based on the core principle of reciprocity – so all members will be expected to contribute as well as draw from the wealth of knowledge and expertise that Cifas holds and facilitates.
In the video below our Head of Future Initiatives, Gaby Devereux shares the benefits of joining as a Community member.
What do I gain as a Community Member?
You'll access dynamic intelligence and expert resources through our Portal:
- Be Aware Alerts – quick fire alerts that warn of trending or suspected threats, including information on Modus Operandi;
- Fraud Threat Information - emerging fraud threats and trends shared by your fellow community members at our dedicated intelligence sharing groups.
- Daily Intelligence Briefings - highlighting daily fraud issues and threats
- Expert analysis from Cifas experts, drawn from Cifas data – including our flagship report, Fraudscape, and our member-eyes only Stategic Intelligence Assessment
- Our Portal Forum, where our community shares the threats they are seeing and discusses their response;
The video below offers a quick look into Community membership. For the full length Q and A session follow this link.
What are the additional benefits of joining the UK's fraud prevention community?
You will access all the universal benefits of membership:
- Learning opportunities through the Cifas Fraud and Cyber Academy, including accredited and postgraduate learning;
- Collaboration with thousands of professionals from hundreds of organisations, from across the sectors;
- Additional member benefits, including exclusive online and offline events, forums and seminars, and member only discounts.
- Training courses in fraud prevention for your organisation, at member rate
Find out more why you should join Cifas.
What type of organisations join as Community Members?
Our community is made up of hundreds of organisations, working together with Cifas to stop fraud. Just some of the sectors already represented in our membership are:
Banking - Telecommunications - Building Societies - Recruiters - Vetting and Screening - Professional Services - Accountancy - Retail - Fintech - Gaming - Charities
Some organisations Community Membership is suited to:
- Regulatory organisations
- Trade associations
- Industry think tanks
- Start-ups not yet in a position to share data
- Any organisation with fraud intelligence and experiences to share!
How much is it to become a Community Member?
We calculate your yearly subscription based on the size of your organisation, with no limitations of your usage. Contact us for a chat and a no-obligation quote.
What if my organisation is not yet in a position to share data, but will be in the future?
You might start out with us as a Community Member, benefiting from our intelligence, learning and community to grow their business. When and if your organisation grows or changes to fit - or you think it might fit - our data sharing membership criteria, get in touch with us. We'll always help you make the decision that's right for your organisation.