1) Visitor Contact – Office Based
3) Support Services
Head of Business Services
Executive & Corporate
London, office-based / home-based
• Deliver executive support to C-Suite, Leadership Team and Business Services, including Board level secretariat support.
• Diary management, supporting Advisory groups and internal committees, creating presentation and packs.
• Providing resilience across the Business Services Team and Reception areas, if required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Accountable for providing EA support to the C-Suite members, including diary management, arranging travel and accommodation provisions, and producing detailed travel itineraries.
2. Organising schedule of meetings across business and booking meeting rooms, other facilities, and catering provisions, as required.
3. Acting as the point of contact between C-Suite and internal colleagues or external partners.
4. Responsible for providing secretariat support for all internal governance meetings (including actions and minutes) and issuing to relevant parties within timely manner.
5. Manage incoming queries, including phone calls, emails and other correspondence, responding on behalf of the C-Suite, as directed.
6. Act as a business liaison for senior stakeholders and external partners, including greeting visitors to the office, making catering arrangements for external meetings and ensuring compliance with business security arrangements.
7. Coordination of activities for Cifas Sub-Committees (Operational Governance, Major Projects, Risk, Technology and Business Development), Participating Agencies Forum, Joint Cifas People Committee Forum and ad hoc meetings or workings groups, as required
8. Producing reports and presentations, preparing meeting agendas, collation and distribution of all associated papers, preparation of minutes for approval by the Chair(s) and executing actions log to relevant parties.
9. Provide cover and support within Business Services Team and Reception areas, when required.
10. Supporting Head of Business Services and wider business teams with business contingency, health and safety and other arrangements to ensure the wellbeing, safety and compliance of our people, data and office areas.
Standard Responsibilities: Adopt and comply with Cifas values, policies and procedures including:
• Code of Conduct
• Health & Safety
• Data Protection, information security, data privacy and use of IT resources
• People & Culture policies and procedures including Equality and diversity
No role profile can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times. The post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those described.
A Level or equivalent qualification.
2+ years’ experience operating at PA or EA level.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Experienced, self-motivated professional, with previous experience supporting C-Suite or Senior Leadership Team member.
• Meticulous attention to detail, excellent stakeholder management, and the capacity to work across multiple areas simultaneously.
• Ability to manage a number of priorities, able to remain versatile, with excellent interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy in engaging colleagues.
• Excellent communication approach with engaging written skills, works effectively within a team, understands the impact of own actions on colleagues.
• A ‘can do’ solutions focused approach, resourceful and works to make things happen, taking others along with them.
• Confident ownership of information and processes, while proactively seeking opportunity to learn.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, using sound judgment and maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
• High level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open and honest, skilled at managing sensitive data discreetly.
• Ability to work professionally to meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Outlook and Teams.
• There may be occasions where the post holder is required to work outside of standard hours.
• The post holder may be required to attend meetings and events outside of normal office base and to do this occasional travel will be required.