Why should you choose The Fundamentals of Anti-Money Laundering?
The course is designed for counter fraud and economic crime professionals who wish to develop their skills and knowledge required to effectively manage fraud and economic crime investigations.
This course will assist those responsible for or interested in developing an understanding of the criminal mindset in respect of Money Laundering organisations, the methodologies and typologies utilised by criminals, the use of professional enablers and how the development of cyber-crime and virtual currencies has led to an increase in technological advances in the criminal world.
What will you learn?
The course curriculum covers all the key areas required to manage and lead successful investigations including:
- The criminal mindset
- Methodologies and Typologies utilised by organized crime
- The role of the professional enabler
- Understanding of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, 2017 and 2019
- The development of cyber enabled crime
- The advances surrounding virtual assets and the blockchain
- Exploitation of the financial system
- The role of a High Value Dealer
- Civil investigation and asset realisation
What skills will you gain?
You will be able to:
- Understand money laundering and its key elements
- Identify the warnings and flags which may assist in the detection of Money Laundering Offences
- Explain the of role Professional Enablers in facilitating money laundering
- Describe High Value dealer and the risk factors around there involvement in money laundering
- Understand suspicious activity reports
- Understanding civil recovery and investigation
- Understanding asset management and realisation
- Explain criminal exploitation – the methodologies and typologies utilised by criminals in laundering cash including the use of foreign currency, Scottish and Irish bank notes, high denomination bills, cash smuggling
- Understand how criminals exploit the financial system to move cash
- Explain how Crypto Currency / Cyber Crime have progressed to a new generation of money laundering
Who should attend this course?
Those working within counter fraud, financial investigation, economic crime, suspicious activity reporting development, cyber crime and money laundering reporting networks. It will also be essential for those security professionals whose roles have an interest in the area.
Who is the trainer?
The course has been developed by Mr Andrew Tennant an international expert in money laundering methodologies and typologies, member of the Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association, Board member of the AMLFC and honary fellow of the Institute of Financial Accountants
Course information and booking
- Two day course.
- £590 for Cifas members, £690 for non-members. Prices per delegate
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking