Fraud Excellence: Digital Document Forensic course
This two day course will run in Cifas Training Suite in London on two occassions, 3rd-4th February 2020 and the 17th-18th February 2020.
Cifas Members: £590 Non Members: £690
This course is suitable for those working within fraud, financial and economic crime across all sectors. It will also be essential for fraud professionals and those whose role involves an interest in this area, including:
- Front line staff
- Fraud Professionals or those whose role is to identify or investigate fraudulent documents
- Members of financial institutions, HR departments and others who are being asked to examine identity documents on a regular basis
- Vetting, HR and Security officers in sensitive and vulnerable sites
Better spot signs of tampering or fraud
This excellent course gives delegates the tools and methodologies required to analyse digital documents for signs of tampering or fraud. This course is operational in nature and delegates will be able to immediately apply the skills they have gained in their roles.
Delegates will improve their organisation’s efficiency with the help of experienced professional a specialist document examiner trained by the National Document Fraud Unit (NDFU), part of the UK Home Office.
The course is delivered in partnership with PDA Associates.
The course is essential for anyone with a digital document verification role. Book your place today.
Develop strong digital document forensic skills
Understanding Digital Document Forensics:
- Explain Digital Document Forensics (DDF)
- Define how DDF can be used to combat fraud
- Understand how to set up a workflow for DDF
Digital Document Forensics Skills:
- Understand technology and gain a technical understanding of Digital Document Forensics
- Understand how to gathering metadata from documents and photos;
- Analysing emails for operationally usable data.
Procedure and Common Pitfalls:
- Demonstrate how to plot timelines and location maps from DDF
- Creating a professional report
- Understand how to avoid the common pitfalls and mistakes of Digital Document Forensics.
Delegates will use skills learned to undertake a ‘real world’ scenario, where delegates are tasked with analysing documents to prove or dispute a given narrative. This will involve collating data, analysing it and producing a professional standard report on their findings.
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Understand metadata and how it can hold useful information;
- Analyse image, document and PDF files for operationally useful data;
- Analyse emails for information on their sender and their authenticity;
- Demonstrate how to put together a professional report of their findings.
Work with our expert trainers
This ‘Fraud Excellence’ course is certified by Cifas and PDA Associates.
Our expert trainer can deliver the course in-house at your premises, or at our Cifas offices in central London. Please email us if you require further information.