Data Breaches and Identity Fraud Explained
Why should you choose Data Breaches and Identity Fraud Explained?
Data breaches can lead to identity theft on a wholesale level - and no organisation is immune from a potential attack. To detect and deter the threat, you must first understand how it works.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn about:
- today’s Big Data world and the value of data
- how data breaches occur
- how stolen data is monetised
- data breach risks in the Cloud
- the fundamentals of data classification, segmentation and encryption
- the use of hashing and related issues in password security
- the importance of multi-factor authentication
What skills will you gain?
You will be able to:
- explain the value of data
- describe at high level how data breaches occur and how to prevent them
- explain how stolen data is monetised and where evidence might be found
- assess at high level data breach risks in a cloud environment
- explain the basic principles of data classification, segmentation and encryption
- demonstrate the use of hashing, salt, pepper and encryption in password security
- describe the concept of multi-factor authentication, IAM and PAM
Who should attend this course?
If you are responsible for or concerned with protecting your organisation and customers from the threat - and consequences - of a data breach, this course is for you.
Who is the trainer?
Mark Johnson is a Chartered IT Professional, cyber security expert and published author. His career has taken him from military officer, to drug enforcement agent, to global head of network fraud and security. He now runs The Risk Management Group, working with a range of global entities concerned relating to risk and security, including the City of London Police, the International Compliance Association and the MIS Training Institute.
Course information and booking
- £245 for Cifas members, £295 for non-members. Prices per delegate
- Email email@example.com to make your booking and arrange a date to suit you and your team