Cifas Fraud Essentials: Fraud Risk Management
This two day course will run in Cifas Training Suite, London on 13th & 14th January 2020.
Cifas Members: £590 Non Members: £690
This new course is designed for fraud, financial and economic crime professionals who wish to develop the skills and knowledge that are required to identify, record, assess and act on fraud and economic risks facing their organisation.
The course has been developed by leading expert in this field Dr. Mike Gilbert of Cillion Consulting Limited, in consultation with the Mike Betts the Cifas Head of Learning and Counter Fraud Studies.
Improve your fraud risk management
The course curriculum covers the skills and knowledge needed to undertake fraud risk management including: an understanding of the nature of fraud; an awareness of the fraud management model and the inter-dependency of its components; knowledge of the terminology and options involved with fraud risk management; the ability to plan and implement fraud risk management procedures; and, the capability to act and report on fraud risks as they start to occur.
The course will cover all the core techniques needed to introduce and maintain fraud risk management within an organisation. The course involves an interactive case study which provides hands on experience and the provision of tools and templates that learners can take away with them to use within their organisation. The purpose of these tools and templates is to help learners put into operational practice what they have learned on the course.
Improve risk management skills and strategies
The course is ran by case study and multi-choice quesitons and is best suited for those working within fraud, financial and economic crime across all sectors. It will also be essential for fraud professionals and those whose role involves an interest in this area. Following completion of this course, the delegates receiving this training will be able to:
• Understand the principles of fraud risk management
• Prepare an annual fraud risk management plan
• Identify fraud risks and prepare a fraud typology
• Understand the difference between inherent and residual risk
• Record and assess identified fraud risks in a fraud risk register – in both an Excel Spreadsheet and a database
• Identify the controls and information needed to manage fraud risks
• Design action plans to deal with significant residual fraud risks
• Prepare a Fraud Risk Assessment document for use by senior management
• Prepare an annual fraud risk management report
Work with our expert trainers
Our expert trainer can deliver the course in-house at your premises, or at our Cifas offices in central London. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require further information.