Cifas Fraud Essentials: Effective Fraud Prevention
This two day course will run in Cifas Training Suite, London on 28th & 29th January 2020.
Cifas Members: £590 Non Members: £690
This new course is designed for counter fraud, financial and economic crime professionals who wish to develop the skills and knowledge that are required to prevent fraud and economic crime within their organisation.
Better prevent fraud in your organisation
The course covers the core techniques needed to introduce and maintain fraud prevention within an organisation. The course involves an interactive case study which provides hands on experience and the provision of tools and templates that delegates can take away with them to use within their organisation.
The purpose of these tools and templates is to help delegates put into operational practice what they have learned on the course. Book your place today.
Improve your fraud prevention strategy
Delegates will learn how both proactive and process specific programmes of preventative work complement fraud risk management and deterrence procedures. The course curriculum covers the skills and knowledge needed to undertake effective fraud prevention including:
- understand the nature of fraud and why people commit it;
- describe the fraud management model and the inter-dependency of its components;
- explain the terminology and options involved with fraud prevention;
- demonstrate how to prepare an overarching fraud prevention plan and annual report;
- plan and implement a proactive prevention programme;
- produce a counter fraud needs assessment to establish which parts of a business would benefit from a process specific fraud prevention review;
- plan and implement a process specific fraud prevention review which encompasses understanding and documenting a system, risk and control identification and assessment, the summarisation of emerging issues, the compliance testing of controls, the substantive testing of transactions and balances and the production of a review report.
Following completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of fraud prevention;
- Prepare an annual fraud prevention strategy;
- Preparing a fraud assurance planning template;
- Design and implement a proactive fraud prevention programme;
- Understand the importance of other linked programmes of work (for example internal audit) and design documents to facilitate joint working;
- Conduct a counter fraud needs assessment;
- Undertake a process specific review;
- Produce a one-page system summary on completion of a process specific review; and,
- Prepare an annual fraud prevention report.
Essential for fraud professionals
The course is ran by case study and multi-choice quesitons and is best suited for those working within fraud, financial and economic crime across all sectors. It will also be essential for fraud professionals and those whose role involves an interest in this area.
Our expert trainer can deliver the course in-house at your premises, or at our Cifas offices in central London. Please email us (email@example.com) if you require further information.