Cifas Fraud Essentials: Effective Fraud Deterrence
This one day course will run in Cifas Training Suite, London on 13th February 2020
Cifas Members: £295 Non Members: £345
Better deter fraud in your organisation
This brand new Essentials course is designed for fraud, financial and economic crime professionals who wish to develop the skills and knowledge that are required to deter fraud across their organisation.
Spot fraud, deter fraud, prevent fraud
Delegates will learn how to achieve this through using the specific components of the fraud management model namely: prevention, detection, investigation and sanctions. The course curriculum covers the skills and knowledge needed to undertake effective fraud deterrence including:
- an understanding of the nature of fraud and why people commit it
- an awareness of the fraud management model and the inter-dependency of its components
- knowledge of the terminology and options involved with fraud deterrence and the importance of staff education
- the ability to plan and implement a deterrence strategy
- how the specified parts of the fraud management model are co-ordinated through counter fraud policies, response plans and protocol documents to maximise the deterrence effect.
Following completion of this course, the delegates receiving this training will be able to:
- Understand the principles of fraud deterrence
- Prepare a fraud deterrence strategy
- Develop a counter fraud policy and response plan
- Develop a protocol document which outlines how two or more departments will work together to deter fraud
- Understand the role of effective fraud prevention, detection, investigation and sanctions in the delivery of successful fraud deterrence
- Prepare an annual fraud deterrence report
Essential for fraud professionals
This course is best suitable for those working within counter fraud, financial and economic crime across all sectors. It will also be essential for security professionals and those whose role involves an interest in this area.
Our expert trainer can deliver the course in-house at your premises, or at our Cifas offices in central London. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require further information.