Developing a Counter Fraud Strategy
Why should you choose Developing a Counter Fraud Strategy?
A strategic approach to fraud prevention - one that is embedded throughout your organisation - is key to protecting your organisation, your staff and your customers. But it can be daunting to know where to start and what to include. This two day course gives you the essential understanding, knowledge and skills to develop and implement an effective and comprehensive counter fraud strategy.
What will you learn?
You'll take a root and branch approach to developing your strategy, starting with what you need, who you need and where it is needed - tailored to your organisation's unique structure and context. You'll identify risks and corresponding controls, develop governance and response plans, and understand the legislation underpinning the procedures and policies you will put in place.
What skills will you gain?
You will be able to:
- Identify the resources, explain the key responsibilities and develop the expertise
- Understand the component parts of a counter fraud and corruption strategy
- Review your organisation's structure and context to identify the risks
- Describe a range of fraud and corruption indicators
- Develop a fraud and corruption response plan
- Develop governance and control plans, and how to implement them
- Understand the relevant legislation including the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998
- Describe how to develop the supporting procedures and policies
Who should attend this course?
If you're a professional working in or with an interest in counter fraud, financial and economic crime in any sector, then this course will provide the comprehensive knowledge and understanding you need to protect your organisation.
Who is the trainer?
Peter Darby Associates is a specialist counter fraud training and consultancy company founded by Peter Darby. Peter and his team of associates have over forty years’ experience working in the counter fraud investigation community, including the design, development and delivery of professional counter fraud training.
Course duration and fee
Two day. Cifas members £660. Non members £695
Contact the team for more information and to make your booking