Reports into: Head of Learning and Counter Fraud Studies
Directorate: Product Innovation
Location: London, office-based / home-worker
We are looking to have someone join Cifas as a Counter Fraud Learning & Development Manager! Voted the Top 30 best London-based and Top 30 Financial Services best small companies to work 2021, we offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a great workplace culture. Find out more below!!
• Lead and participate in the development and delivery of high quality, innovative counter fraud learning products
• Motivate and encourage collaboration between co-workers, stakeholders and learners to be transformational in tackling fraud and financial crime.
• Accountable for the effective and appropriate deployment of people and resources ensuring the application of the Cifas organisational values
• Support the Head of Learning in delivering Learning Strategy to deliver sustainable growth in core markets
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1) Responsible for the development and delivery of training and blended learning projects and programmes to meet
members and non-members learning requirements in accordance with standards of certifying and awarding organisations.
2) Responsible for the management of associate trainers and delivery of training programmes including assessments.
3) Responsible for the learner assessment strategy and implement across all the Academies learning products
4) Proactively identify opportunities to build Cifas Academy’s capabilities; working alongside colleagues across
Cifas, promote Cifas Academy training products via training sessions, webinars, newsletters, social media and other digital platforms.
5) Manage in-depth analysis and research, including learning feedback, member needs, market and technological development, to support the development of training material and delivery; producing reports of recommendations, as appropriate.
6) Support the creation of a digital package of training to aid onboarding and business as usual process for new members, maintaining the highest possible standards of programme delivery.
7) Working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, including relationship management of Cifas Associate Trainers; academic institutions; supporting on external inspections and assessments of our learning; and members and non-member learners, as required.
8) Represent Cifas Academy as a leading institution in fraud prevention training at internal and external boards/committees and with learning consultants, as required whilst promoting Cifas as the centre of intelligence and knowledge.
9) Working in collaboration with colleagues across Cifas, ensure all aspects of Health & Safety and data protection compliance are met by all associates and learners for various ways of delivery.
10) Act as the Single Point of Contact for training programmes where required.
Standard Responsibilities Adopt and comply with Cifas values, policies and procedures including:
11) Code of Conduct
12) Health & Safety
13) Data Protection, privacy and use of IT resources
14) People & Culture policies and procedures
15) Equality and diversity
No role profile can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times. The post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those described.
Essential: Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training; recognised assessors qualification (minimum Level 3).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Previous experience of working within a learning or training environment, including designing, delivering and evaluating training events, essential.
• Previous exposure of working in a fraud prevention or knowledge principles of Financial crime, Fraud prevention and Data Protection legislation, advantageous.
• Previous experience managing course design, development and delivery, tracking and measuring the success of learning interventions
• Able to apply innovation whilst engaging a variety of learning styles and being seen as a knowledge expert for all learning products.
• Manage the quality assurance of training to ensure delivery is consistent, meets learner and business needs, reflecting Cifas’ be a leader in the delivery of fraud prevention interventions.
• Skilled relationship management procuring training and managing external training provider engagement.
• Previous exposure to learning and development best practice and able to mentor, coach and assess Cifas Academy learners.
• Previous experience of carrying out research, consultation, and analysis of information from multiple sources to identify clear, appropriate learning outcomes.
• Strong ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines, with high attention to detail, with excellent coordination, planning, and organisational skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, adept in working effectively within a team, and building strong working relationships with the business.
• Self-starter, motivated and enthusiast in delivering priorities, whilst operating with a level of autonomy.
• Creative problem solver with hands on experience of delivering success in a partnership model, and can articulate the value that this approach brings
• Strong collaborator, working with the business to proactively identify areas for process and continuous improvement, maximising potential from the existing tools to align these to the business needs.
• High level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open, and honest.
• Ability to work professionally to deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Advanced levels of digital literacy, able to learn new systems with speed and efficiency. Technical skills including Advanced Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Excel, advantageous.
• There may be occasions where the post holder is required to work outside of standard hours.
• The post holder may be required to attend meetings and events outside of normal office base and to do this occasional travel will be required.
We want to make Cifas a great place to work and a great organisation that really delivers for its members. Our values define the behaviours we expect from our people and are designed to guide how we work, every day. Everyone within the organisation is expected to demonstrate the following behaviours:
We develop exceptional skills and knowledge to enable us to do a great job and be recognised as the authority in what we do. Behaviours:
• I develop and upskill my colleagues
• I take opportunities to continuously develop my skills
• I share knowledge
• I strive to produce the highest standard of work
• I listen to others and adapting the way we do things to better serve others
We treat everyone in the organisation fairly and respectfully regardless of job role, background or personality. Behaviours:
• I trust and empower my colleagues and strive to deliver on my promises, being reliable and accountable.
• I show appreciation for others by acknowledging and giving positive feedback at all levels.
• I support and proactively help others.
• I am polite, friendly, attentive and considerate in every interaction, understanding personal differences and diversity.
• I aim to be transparent and ensure everyone feels valued, able to contribute and be heard.
We do the right thing for the right reasons and in the right way, dealing with everyone in an ethical and fair manner. Behaviours:
• I will challenge when I feel something is wrong
• I act in an ethical manner and I will promote that behaviour in others
• I take responsibility and am accountable for my actions
• I am honest and truthful in my dealings with others
• I will always try to do what I say
• I give credit where it is due
We work together collectively, engaging and contributing as one team supporting each other all the way, in order to find new perspectives and reach our shared goals. Behaviours:
• I am open and willing to hear and share ideas
• I respectfully debate and communicate
• I show interest beyond my own area of expertise and personal agenda
• I seek to motivate myself and others to have confidence in what we do
• I step up where I see opportunities to support others
• I approach situations positive and inspire healthy communication
We should always be seeking ways to improve, positively challenging the how, why and what to ensure that we realise our vision by evolving, discovering and adapting. Behaviours:
• I am never afraid to suggest something different
• I am open and curious towards new ideas and ways of working
• I nurture and inspire creativity to allow ideas to flourish
• I am prepared to take a risk and give it a go
• I have the confidence to challenge and be challenged