Reports into: Director of Data Integrity
Location: London / Remote working with some presence in the office
We are looking to have someone join our Data Integrity team at Cifas for a 12-Month fixed-term contract as our Head of Operations. The role will have the option to work remotely, with some presence in the office, and starts from 1st October 2021! Voted the Top 30 best London-based and Top 30 Financial Services best small companies to work 2021, we offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a great workplace culture. Find out more below!!
• Ownership of all Cifas Data Integrity related operational processes pertaining to activity carried out by consumers and members.
• Line management of Data Integrity Officers, working to agreed deadlines and budgets and ensuring the systemised operations process achieve team KPI’s, whilst continuously improving delivery.
• Responsibility for maintaining and developing the Cifas Handbooks, in order to enhance the integrity of our data.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the role:
1. Ownership of Cifas’ risk policy for Data Integrity assurance including the development and maintenance of a risk framework to optimise member review processes, consistently meets the requirements of all legislation pertaining to data integrity and data compliance, and Cifas’ commitment to continuous improvement.
2. Develop and deliver enhancements to Cifas member Handbooks in conjunction with the Director of Data Integrity, keeping it updated as required.
3. Responsible for ensuring complaints are responded to appropriately and consistently and within strict SLAs; including responding to escalated complaints and pre-court legal challenges in collaboration with the Director of Data Integrity, DPO, COO and Cifas’ solicitors, as required.
4. Overall accountability for Cifas Data Integrity related operational processes, including assurance processes (for example e-reviews and verifying processing notices) across all internal databases; management of complaints and DSARs processes relating to member filings; and completion of all actions within agreed timeframes.
5. Identify opportunities for driving operational efficiencies of all core processes within the Data Integrity directorate by deriving, updating and managing daily targets, ensuring internal and external teams are effectively engaged.
6. Responsible for optimising engagement of outsourced operational resources, driving delivery and processes in alignment with Cifas strategy, whilst identifying new ways of working.
7. Line management of Data Integrity Operations Team, delivering coaching and mentoring to enable the team and support our growth aspirations; responsible for ensuring team collectively role model behaviours consistent with our values.
8. Monitor operational KPIs that ensure all operational activities are efficient, all SLAs are being adhered to (internal, external and legislative), challenge to ensure they stay relevant, and driving forward optimal process changes as appropriate and in line with Cifas strategy.
9. Report any data breaches to the appropriate member of the Information Governance team, including full details of the breach, how it arose and the mitigants; followed by process improvements to prevent future breaches.
10. Develop and maintain relationships with external and internal subject matter experts, including the Financial Ombudsman Service, the ICO, Cifas’ insurers, and lawyers in conjunction with the Director of Data Integrity; professionally representing Cifas’ interests.
11. Support Director of Data Integrity with delivery of projects, as required, working cohesively with colleagues from across teams.
12. Attendance at Operational Governance, Risk Sub-Committee, and other cross-team forums or meetings, as required.
Adopt and comply with Cifas values, policies and procedures including:
• Code of Conduct
• Health & Safety
• Data Protection, Security and use of IT resources
• People & Culture policies and procedures
• Equality and diversity
Degree level or equivalent qualification. Relevant experience acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Previous understanding of Cifas Handbooks, systems and how members access Cifas data, essential.
• Broad knowledge of fraud prevention systems and technology, advantageous.
• Working knowledge or previous exposure to working within Data Protection regulations.
• Previous experience in operational management with the ability and confidence to make decisions leading to
clear targets and manage multiple priorities.
• Strong people management experience of effectively managing, motivating and inspiring staff, focusing them on
• Experienced with change management processes and confident in enacting positive changes to processes.
• An excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade influence and, when appropriate, challenge with tact
• Self-motivated individual, tenacious and innovative, able to see the bigger picture and continuously improving
• High level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, whilst
understanding the impact of own actions on colleagues.
• Creative and analytical thinking style, applying tenacity in the face of obstacles.
• Ability to work professionally to meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Outlook and Teams.
• There may be occasions where the post holder is required to work outside of standard hours.
• The post holder may be required to attend meetings and events outside of normal office base and to do this
occasional travel will be required.