2) Member / Consumer Contact – Working on the go
4) Home Workers
Data Integrity Business Partner
London, office-based / home-based
Job Grade: I
• Managing the effective resolution of all data protection matters and supporting the provision of a secure and demonstrably data protection compliant environment for all data and systems held by Cifas.
• Provide resilience across Data Integrity team, working closely with Data Integrity Business Partner, Head of Information Governance and Information Security Manager.
• Protect the busines from any legal challenges, whilst representing Cifas as centre of intelligence and knowledge.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Overall accountability for delivering effective resolutions in all data protection matters including, requests to offshore; review of SCCs and adequacy assessments; automation of decisions using Cifas data; and reviewing Data Protection Impact Assessments provided into the team, as required.
2. Translate requests from members or colleagues into the relevant Cifas specific issue to enable first time resolution and provide potential solutions.
3. Accountable for resolving legal challenges arising from Information Governance related matters, producing draft instructions to lawyers, whilst working closely with legal advisors to address matters within a timely and cost-effective way.
4. Lead in management of data protection and information governance casework in compliance with agreed frameworks, monitor the ticketing system processes and delivering first-time resolution; escalating complex issues to the Data Integrity Business Partner / Head of Information Governance.
5. Have technical knowledge of ticketing system processes to ensure full functionality is being obtained from the ticketing system.
6. Responsible for representing the interests of Cifas, liaising with colleagues across the business to engage prospective and existing members, resolving information governance matters to high-standards of satisfaction for stakeholders.
7. Working closely with Information Security Manager support the maintenance of high-standards of security as required to retain ISO 27001:2013 accreditation and other security certifications.
8. Support Data Protection Officer in responding to complex Data Subject Access Requests, as required.
9. Working in collaboration with colleagues across Data Integrity to support them producing DPI Assessments for Cifas systems.
10. Represent Information Governance team on specific projects and product development by , providing subject matter expertise and guidance.
11. Responsible for maintaining and updating data protection and information security documentation for internal audiences, ensuring accurate translation for colleagues across Cifas.
12. Maintain all Data Protection and Information Security records and event logs, suggesting continual improvements to processes.
Standard Responsibilities Adopt and comply with Cifas values, policies and procedures including:
• Code of Conduct
• Health & Safety
• Data Protection, information security, data privacy and use of IT resources
• People & Culture policies and procedures including Equality and diversity
No role profile can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times. The post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those described.
Degree level or equivalent qualification. Relevant experience acceptable.
Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection or equivalent accreditation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Demonstratable experience of working within the principles of Information Security and practical application of data protection legislation including creating and interpreting Data Protection Impact Assessments, Transfer Impact Assessments, working with standard contractual clauses and awareness of current Data Protection legislation.
• Previous understanding of Cifas Handbooks, systems and how members access Cifas data would be advantageous
• Previous knowledge of fraud prevention systems including the automation of processes using AI, machine learning, scorecard building and robotic process automation, advantageous.
• Sound understanding of individual and organisational responsibilities under the GDPR and the Data Protection legislation.
• Able to interpret the rights available to data subjects, understand the implications of those rights and previous experience in handling personal data requests in compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection legislation.
• Skilled influencer, adept in negotiating positive resolutions in legal and data protection matters.
• Excellent communication approach with engaging written skills, works effectively within a team, understands the impact of own actions on colleagues.
• High level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open and honest.
• A relentless drive to improve performance and deliver outstanding results through more effective ways of working.
• Creative and analytical thinking style, attentive to detail and accuracy, skills in prioritising high-volume business activity.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade influence and, when appropriate, challenge with tact and diplomacy.
• Strong collaborator, values team-working and building relationships.
• Ability to work professionally to meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Outlook and Teams.
• There may be occasions where the post holder is required to work outside of standard hours.
• The post holder may be required to attend meetings and events outside of normal office base and to do this occasional travel will be required.